The Benefits of Yoga
There is scientific research (links below) proving yoga has many health benefits. You may find yoga:
- Improves your mental health and overall well-being including anxiety in adolescents.
- Increases your mobility, flexibility, & strength
- Eases chronic pains. Harvard Health Publishing Article.
- Reduces your stress
- Decreases your muscle tension
- Allows you to find your inner peace… calming the ‘monkey mind’ or ‘mind chatter’
- Boosts your immune system
- Improves your coordination & balance
- Increases your concentration
- Builds your self-esteem
- Promotes a healthy lifestyle
- Supports essential skills of proprioception and interception. Read about it here.
Note: If you have any health concerns or injuries it is recommended you seek consultation with a qualified health care practitioner before attending any classes. It may be beneficial to share with your teacher if you have any health concerns, conditions, or injuries so that they may assist you in adapting your practice.